For all assignments, remember that this is a high school photography class and there are guidelines as to acceptable subject matter at the high school level:
· NO drugs, sex, alcohol, tobacco products, or weapons should be in the photographs.
· NO nudity; NO brutality or cruelty to people or animals.
· NO inappropriate gestures(such as third finger); no gang signs;
• You must take all your own pictures. Do NOT take pictures of someone else's pictures. Do NOT download someone else's pictures and turn them in as yours.
• If someone else takes the pictures, and you turn them in as yours, you will get a referral for cheating.
· Do not borrow someone else’s memory card to use for your project.
· You must take the pictures, upload your own pictures, select the photographs to turn in. If someone else does the work, and you turn it, you will both get referrals for Academic Dishonesty.
· THE SUBJECT OF THE PHOTOGRAPH MUST BE IN FOCUS... WATCH your shutter speeds!! Make certain you are using shutter speeds fast enough to avoid camera shake.
• NO FLASH!!!!!!!
- ALL photographs must be color corrected, and make use of all post-production possibilities in ACR.
Projects turned in late due to student choice NOT to take pictures when
due, will only receive partial credit.
· Plan Ahead—Projects not completed on time will not be ready for critiques and lose points on that as well.
For every assignment, unless otherwise indicated, you must turn in at least 3 really good photographs. I will not accept less than three. If you do not follow the assignment criteria, the photographs will NOT be accepted.
First– ALL PHOTOGRAPHS MUST HAVE THE SUBJECT IN FOCUS!!!
· If the shutter speed is too slow then you do not have enough light to take photographs without them being blurry. Do not use shutter speeds slower than 1/15th on a P&S, or 1/60th on a DSLR without the camera attached to a tripod.
· Move and find a different location with more light, or add some lights to the scene- open the curtains to add more light, turn on some lamps.
· Make sure the window or lamps are BEHIND YOU!!
Second– Take AT LEAST 6-10 DIFFERENT pictures in order to get 3 “REALLY GOOD PICTURES” to turn in.
· If you are using the same subject for all pictures, you need to change your camera angle, change location, change the arrangement, and change the pose.
· IF you are at the same height; if you just move a little closer; if the pictures look the same, with the same background: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY CREDIT FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
· There must be enough variation in the pictures to make them LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
· I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN FOR PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENTS- UNLESS for the "Best Photos" assignment.
1- You will work on tutorials, take the screen shot daily to show the work that you do each day, and post it along with your daily blog about what you accomplished in class that day. Screen shots must include the date at the top of the screen.
2- When You are working on your photography assignments, 10 minutes before the end of the period each day, you will take a screen shot and write your blog post for that day. Screen shots must include the date at the top of the screen.
STEP 1: USING YOUR GROSSMONT EMAIL (and ONLY your GUHSD email will count!!) sign in to blogger.com. and create your blog. Your Grossmont email address is your IDemail@example.com.
STEP 2: BLOG ADDRESS- You must use your first name with your last name initial(NOT your entire last name!!) in the blog title. For example: EileenM Hot Shot Photography. When blogger makes the blog title into your blog web address, all spaces underscores, etc must be removed. NO underscores, or other characters other than letters and numbers, and no spaces can be in your blog web address.
STEP 3: Once you set up the blog, complete the form below. Make sure you write the correct URL for your blog, and SUBMIT.
STEP 4: Every Friday, during the last 15 minutes of class, everyone in class will be checking each others' blogs to see if the week's worth of blogging and screen shots have been completed.
Unacceptable Postings: Our school district has very strict policies on student online behavior. Cyber bullying is unacceptable. Harassing students and making derogatory or hateful comments on their blogs is not acceptable. While we want you to look at the work of others and praise students for their creativity for their assignments, negativity and harassment will NOT be tolerated. Anyone behaving online in this manner will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
After reading the above, and understanding what you should Not do, and what you should, it is time:
Ready, Set... Start Your Blog!!
After getting your blogger address, complete this Form
STEP 5: Check out the tutorials on the next page!!
ASSIGNMENT #1: Precious Water DUE: Friday, Feb. 6th
Follow criteria for Helix Water District High School Water competition.
Turn in three different photographs, one must be in black and white, using the Photoshop BW Adjustment layer
Avoid ANY Background Distractions
ASSIGNMENT #2: "NIGHT" book cover or HUMANS of N Y- DUE Fri, Feb. 13th
See class handout
ASSIGNMENT #3: Video, Slow-Motion, Time Lapse DUE TUES, Feb. 24th
Using a digital camera be innovative! Create a TIME LAPSE video from hundreds of individual photos; create a video relating to a subject you like
ASSIGNMENT #4: DUE- Friday Feb. 27th
Helix Water District Entries Sized for Printing
OR BEST PHOTOS!! THREE of YOUR BEST Photos from this year: Photos using the Principles of Photo Composition
PHOTOS with Visual Impact!!
ASSIGNMENT #5: Surrealism Due Wednesday March 18th
READ Instructions HERE
ASSIGNMENT #6: People and their Shoes DUE Thursday March 26th
Three different people, and their shoes and leg positioning express their personality!
Take DIFFERENT photos- one for each person- head and shoulders, and bend down to get their legs and shoes. Do NOT point the camera down!! Must be at eye level with shoes!! And legs/shoe must be a different photo than the face, but with the same lighting and background. See examples below.
NOT ACCEPTED LATE!!