LAST DAY to turn in any first semester LATE WORK is:
Friday Jan 13th
This is the last opportunity to make up work
and raise your semester grade!!
Remember, you MUST have grades of "A" or "B" in both semesters in order to receive college credit for the photography class.
LAST PICTURE-TAKING ASIGNMENT for the FALL SEMESTER:DUE Wednesday January 18th: REFLECTION~ Recognizable, in a reflective surface
• Turn in 5 different reflection photographs following the criteria listed below:
• Consider the different types of reflective surfaces and how they can distort and alter an image. Mirrors, chrome, glass, water all create reflections, and each can alter the reflection in different ways.
• Make sure the photographs are 3-Dimensional with shadows and highlights.
• Make sure the surface is clean.
• Use something as a foreground frame so the picture is not just of a flat surface.
• Look for visual simplicity and visual complexity.
• Focus carefully on the reflection. The reflection must be in focus.
• Make sure the reflection takes up the majority of space, and it isn’t all gray.
•Must take in bright light so reflections are colorful.
DUE Wednesday January 18th: ABSTRACT REFLECTION
• Turn in 5 different ABSTRACT reflection photographs. See examples below.
• Look for reflections distorted by ripples in water
• Create close-ups showing abstracts created by light refraction
DUE FRIDAY DEC. 9th: ‘Tis the Season~
•What does this time of year mean to you? This is open to your interpretation. This can be about the commercialism of the season; about two weeks off of school; about family, closeness, loneliness, sadness, happiness, faith, or whatever you feel this time of year means to you.
you MUST create the photograph~ don't just take pictures of someone else's artwork.
• DON’T take photographs of someone else’s artwork, such as a holiday design in a store window
• DON’T take photographs of a religious symbol by itself. If you choose to photograph a religious symbol, show it as part of a still life, or in a setting that shows your creativity and understanding of photographic design.
DUE Thursday Dec.1st: WET~
**DO NOT TURN IN ANY BLURRY PICTURES- they will NOT be accepted! **
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7th: LAST CHANCE to TURN IN EXTRA CREDIT
Photos of Performing Arts classes: Theatre, Band, Choir, Dance, Guitar class, Piano class. Students in classes or performances
DUE Friday Nov. 18: Five
Pictures for Cards ~
NOT ACCEPTED LATE!!
• CREATIVITY AND UNIQUENESS ARE IMPORTANT WHEN PLANNING THESE PICTURES!
See assignments listings and additional information attached at the bottom of this page.